Loved the story in today’s Oregonian about the bike v bus driver fisticuffs story. I’m not happy that the bicyclist was nearly hit; and I’m sad that the driver didn’t live long enough (a boating accident) to litigate this; I AM delighted, however, that the rudeness of these two groups of people is on the front page of the paper for all the world to see. If you’re solely reliant upon the bus company to get you where you need to go and you’re constantly subjected to some of their antics you’ll know what I mean. If you have to contend with “activist” bikers you’ll know these guys will make a driver’s life miserable (they love to hold up traffic; refusing to pull over even though several cars are slowed by their riding in the traffic lane).
These incidents happened to a loved one of mine who takes the bus EVERY DAY.
- Bus driver ignores her and drives on
- Bus driver fails to stop for her and then flips her off
- Bus driver refuses to help explain to a mentally retarded passenger where he should go to get catch his correct bus
- Bus driver stops the bus (not at a stop) gets off, goes into a subway to get her water bottle filled up; standing in a line five people deep, all the while making her passengers wait.
- Same bus driver STOPS at GREEN lights–three in a row.