The cadre of far Portland Leftists who, at the drop of a hat, will grab their protest signs from the umbrella stand, burrow into their closet for their nail-backed flag pole, and rifle their mom’s sock drawer for their balaclava, stormed city hall on Wednesday – injuring several guards and forcing the city commissioners to flee their meeting.
A protest against police brutality itself turned violent Wednesday when activists attempted to storm Portland City Hall, clobbered one security guard and scu…
What was the reason why commissioners, including Mayor Ted Wheeler, fled to the safety of mayor’s office?
From The Oregonian:
“A protest against police brutality itself turned violent Wednesday when activists attempted to storm Portland City Hall, clobbered one security guard and scuffled with several others.
It was the biggest disruption to a Portland City Council meeting in more than a year, but the Council did not address the substance of protesters’ ire: violent crowd control techniques used by police during a large counter-demonstration downtown Saturday.”
Or, in other words, “Portland Professional Protesters™Violently Storm City Hall to Demand City Hall Stop Punishing Them for Violently Storming Portland.”
And they brought their balaclava-wearing ‘best.” Here’s another excerpt from The Oregonian:
“One demonstrator, who was masked and wearing a baseball helmet, smashed a security guard over the head repeatedly with a megaphone. The guard was seen afterward clutching a bag of ice, a bruise beginning to form on his cheek.
City Hall security chief Dorothy Elmore said she was also struck by a protester, in the arm.
An unidentified man, bandana-clad and lying on the floor outside the mayor’s office, was detained and carried out of City Hall by his arms and legs. Cops also arrested Diane Keeauver, 67, said Sgt. Chris Burley, a Portland police spokesman.”
She seems nice:
Two People Arrested During Protest at Portland City Hall Wednesday (Photo) https://t.co/P7QwMGDmR6 pic.twitter.com/0RV2dRYb6f
The Orwellianly-named anti-fascist protesters are violently upset about a couple key things:
- They’re upset that the city gave the Patriot Prayer group a permit to hold their “free speech” march
- They’re PO’d that police for the most part successfully kept them apart from the Patriot Prayer group. Why? According to their Twitter timelines, they’re upset that police “protected” the people they don’t like (and they didn’t have the opportunity to bash their heads in, like, for example, what they did to the guards at City Hall)
- They’re upset because police employed flash bang distraction grenades and other methods of non-lethal force to disperse the violent mob– and they worked.
How about not allowing hateful intruders who want to harm this city and citizens to legally obtain permits to “peacefully protest.” Seems like a healthy place to start.
Antifa and their allies in the ACLU, and friendly, in-the-tank websites, depend upon an incurious MSM media and the reliably Sgt Schultz-like BAMN-believing Left-wing power players to ignore a few key things:
- Antifa brought illegal mortars to set off in order to blame the cops for deploying too many flash-bangs, the complaint for which they violently stormed City Hall.
During today’s protest officers seized firework mortars (incendiary devices that create a loud explosive noise that can be dangerous when detonated near people). It is unlawful to possess firework mortars (ORS 480.120). pic.twitter.com/5DWnx1iqzK
2. Antifa rioters brought other weapons as they usually do to harm opponents.
Officers have continued to seize items that can be used as weapons throughout today’s protests. pic.twitter.com/s5QsyxuKrI
Officers are responding to SW 1st Ave and SW Taylor St in response to a person reportedly using a slingshot to damage property with projectiles.
The sound truck has announced: pic.twitter.com/qTiKhcs7pK
3. In addition, Antifa feigns outrage by distracting (squirrel!) people to a trumped-up ‘wrong’ done by their opponents. Police have suggested that it was Antifa that brought Confederate flag draped objects to show others, that, see, they’re not the fascists here.
PPB Officers have seized additional weapons from protesters. pic.twitter.com/PIZfk1OGka
Some Patriot Prayer people may have brought some of it for all I know, but Antifa is all about disinformation, starting with the group’s very name.
4. Also, Antifa blamed ‘injuries’ on cops. That may have happened, but the disinformation campaign by the group included overstating at best, and fabricating at worst (see my post from yesterday which proves this), injuries from ‘police.’ Worse, some have made the case that the ‘injuries’ were accidentally self inflicted from their own explosives.
If the Patriot Prayer group didn’t exist Antifa would find another group of people to assault, buildings to vandalize, ‘wrongs’ to right, and flags to burn.
As exhausted Portlanders already know, this group was pulling these violent antics well before anyone had ever heard of Patriot Prayer.