The Portland illegal alien day labor center, the PINKO Detention Center, is illegal. As reported in the Portland Tribune recently we find that, even by the limited criteria set by the City and its proxy, Voz, it’s a failure. Taxpayer dollars are being used for this illegal activity. It must stop.
You may not have the wherewithal to file a lawsuit, as Tom Wenning did, or go out and take pictures of employers and employees at the center as many of us have done. But you can do something.
Please read our proclamation and send a note, giving us some identifying information, such as name and address, to take to the Rainbow City Council and demand they stop this criminal enterprise.
This is just one of the several things we’re undertaking to put a stop to this.
On June 16, 2008, the City of Portland opened a day labor center for use by people who are illegally in the United States.
The city has contracted with its proxy, The Voz Workerʼs Rights Education Project, to operate the center with $200,000.00 of taxpayer funds.
According to attorneys with the legal group Judicial Watch, Portland City officials are in defiance of a number of U.S. statutes and certainly operate this center in defiance of the spirit of the law. Among the complaints are:
- Subsidizing criminal activity with taxpayer funds Encouraging and inducing illegal aliens to come to, enter, or reside in the US
- Acting in reckless disregard that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of US law
- Facilitating or aiding and abetting the illegal employment of undocumented aliens
- Unlawfully allowing the hiring of individuals for employment without complying with federal employment eligibility verification requirements
- Acting in defiance of state employment requirements
- Giving government preference to companies or individuals that hire illegal aliens and others at the government day labor center and allowing them to ignore the law
We call on the City of Portland to cease using taxpayer funds in this illegal enterprise and further call on the City to cease its aiding and abetting people who broke the law to get into and stay in this country and in the City of Portland.
Please stand up for what’s right and be counted. Send some identifying info (so city offiicials know you’re legit) to: email firstname.lastname@example.org